Do you know about all the ways that intravenous (IV) infusion therapies can support your health? Boost your immune system with a direct dose of needed vitamins this spring! Read to learn more about IV vitamin infusion therapy.
Depression and obesity. Two epidemics of magnanimous proportions here in the United States. More than 70% of Americans are overweight or obese, and almost 7% suffer from severe, clinical depression. Both conditions are oftentimes—and sadly—fatal.
In the past, research has suggested a link between depression and obesity. Overweight or obese individuals are more prone to developing depression. This correlation inspired a team of researchers at the University of Exeter in the UK to study different dietary patterns and the effect they had on the manifestation of depressive symptoms in overweight or obese patients. The findings from this study were recently published in JAMA. The key findings were:
• Nutritional changes alone are most likely not enough to prevent the onset of depression
• Supplements, such as folic acid, vitamin-D, omega-3 fish oils, zinc, selenium and other vitamins generated no mental health benefits
• A healthy diet—rich in fruits, vegetables, olive oil, whole grains, and fish—may offer subtle relief of depressive symptoms
• In obese people, weight loss was aligned with a reduction in depressive symptoms
• Researchers discovered evidence that changes to food-related behaviors could decrease the likelihood that a person develops depression, but more research is needed to understand the implications of these findings
In an ideal world, treating depression—or alleviating the symptoms—would be as easy as adding a few dietary supplements and making healthier choices when it comes to food and drink. Unfortunately, though, this latest study indicates that this simply isn’t the case. Fortunately, many effective options exist, including talk therapy, antidepressant medications, and ketamine infusions for the treatment of severe or treatment-resistant depression.
You Might Also Enjoy...
Are you looking for lasting solutions when it comes to your pain? You’re tired of taking pain medications and steroids. And you’re tired of being in pain. Ketamine infusion may be what you need to get the relief that lasts for months.
Did you know that there are about 20 million veterans in the U.S. who end up suffering from bouts of PTSD, severe anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts, and/or rage?
Chronic pain is one of the leading causes of disability in the United States. Unlike pain from cutting your finger or pulling a muscle, chronic pain is a debilitating condition in which pain lasts for three months or more.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that 50 million Americans—about 20 percent of the population—suffer from chronic pain. Oftentimes, people take opiate pain medications to alleviate the symptoms of chronic pain.
Just like the question, "What came first, the chicken or the egg?" We consider why anxiety and depression are so interconnected.